Sunday, December 2, 2012

7 year itch?

To my husband on our 7th wedding anniversary:
I knew right away that you were the one for me.
And you knew it too...
You all but worshipped me.
You were a bad boy with a beautiful heart.
You made me laugh
We wanted the same things in life you and I. Marriage and kids and love and life.
We dated for 6 weeks before you asked me to marry you.
Somehow, in that short time, we both knew. Your soul spoke to my soul. Your soul possessed my soul. We were linked and locked and madly in love.
People thought we were crazy. People thought we'd never make it. But it's been you and I together against all odds ever since.
Truth is, if I could be with anyone...I would still be with you.
You are my happy.
Sure there have been bumps and struggles along the way. And there have been unforseen twists in our path. But we just hold hands and forge our way through together. You and I against the world my love. That which might have broken us has only made us stronger.
These 7 years have brought us our two beautiful children and three sweet angels up in heaven who we'll meet and hold someday. These 7 years have taken us from house to house and city to city, but wherever you are is my home. We've been up, we've been down, and we've been stuck in the middle together. Through tragedies and hardships, through miracles and celebrations, through sickness and health. Through rich times and poor. Then, now, and forever...

You were the light in my darkest time. And,when sadness was my ocean, it was you who encouraged me to swim. 
There is no one else I would rather wake up next to, or fall asleep beside. There is only your hand when I reach out to anchor myself. You are the listener of my stories, the encourager of my dreams, you are the rock upon which I build my home.

Despite everything and through it all, I still know. You are my soulmate. You are my love. You are my life. I can't picture doing this thing without you and I love you more now than I did that frigid day seven years ago when we made our vows, to each other before God and family.
Happy Anniversary baby. You own my heart and soul and I love you more than anyone but you may ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment